Monday, May 21, 2007

Here at last!

Hey everyone!
I'm currently in Orvieto in an internet café so I thought I'd write a little bit about my trip thus far! I can't write much right now, though, because people are waiting on me...
Flights and meeting my group went smoothly, even though I was paranoid the whole time that something would go wrong. I met a girl at the airport. Her name is Katelynn (Not sure of exact spelling, but you get the idea!). She's really nice and came on the trip last year so she's showing me around a bit. I've also gotten to know my roomate, Haley (Ditto on the spelling.) and she seems cool, too. She spends a lot of time with her boyfriend, though. Katelynn's roomate, Lauren, is a lot of fun, too. And, she's an Anthropology major at OU and she loves Ewan McGregor! I'm pretty sure we were destined to meet! Haha!
That's all for now, cause I feel bad for making people wait, and there's not much else to talk about. We didn't go to the field today, so nothing too terribly exciting has happened. I'll be back soon, though, and hopefully with pictures!
Love you all!

5 comments:

Nina said...

What fun you must be having! Italy is dear to my heart, for some reason. I hope you unearth some wonderful finds. Eat lots of panini and watch out for those romantic Italians on their Vespas!

Jessica said...

Glad you made it, and I'm so glad you have made some friends. If Lauren likes Harry Potter, you might have a BFF for life!

Looking forward to hearing more. Call, text, or e-mail anytime!

Love you!

steph said...

it does sounds like fate!!
so just wanted to let ya know... i'm back at randys now and will be at blvd for awhile...bummer...
oh well can't complain tho right?? she said blvd is just temporary and i should be able to be back at santa fe soon...hopefully i will be by the time you get back!
have tons-o-fun and dig up an old dead dude for me!!

vraibeauadore said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are making friends and having a great time! Don't worry about posting get out there and see the sites! I'm so glad you made it safely, and more glad of the mutual Ewan lovin' going on! BOSS

Stephenie said...

YAY!!!! How cute are you right now in your little internet cafe!!! Well you're probably not still there, but whatever! You have fun, don't worry about posting too often because we know you're a busy little archaeologist. I'm so happy for you!