Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pompeii Pictures

I actually took 167 pictures at Pompeii, but these are some highlights.

Me in an oven.

Me in front of the Forum.
Amphitheatre.
A plaster cast of a body found at Pompeii. The position I think is so sad. It looks like he's praying.
A kitchen.

The Temple of Apollo.
There were beautiful frescos all over the Villa of Mysteries.

I experimented with some black and white photography. These are some of my favorites.

You can still see the ruts in the road from chariot wheels.


This last one is my favorite. It was taken from a simple house, and you can see Mount Vesuvius through the hole in the wall.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you're still excited about archaeology. That last picture from the simple house is fabulous - you should frame it.

Have a great time in London! You can sleep on the flight back to the USA. Post again if you get a chance! We're all following your adventures...

TheFamDoc24 said...

JBeth,
Man it looks like you've had the time of your life. I'm a little jealous.
Glad you are getting this experience. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.