Thursday, March 27, 2008

BOO!

For those of you who don't know (which, I assume, is most of you) Monday, March 31st is a very important day. Not only is it Ewan McGregor's 37th birthday (I'm only slightly obsessed.), but it is the home opener for the St. Louis Cardinals! If Michael Buble sang the National Anthem, it'd be a dream day full of all of my boys!

In double-checking the Cards' schedule today, however, I've learned that the game starts at 3:15 PM. Why is this a problem? Because I have to work till 5 PM every Monday!

I'm very upset that I won't be able to see the first half of the game. I've been waiting for this day for a long time - I've lived through the Red Sox (*vomit*) winning the World Series for the second time in four seasons while at the same time, being only slightly interested in NCAA football (Sorry, Jessica. I know you're disappointed in me.), suffered through basketball and March Madness (Basketball has never interested me in the slightest.), watched three of my fab five, including my favorite player, be traded and leave, and suffered the humiliation of one of my boys (though he has since left the team) be mentioned in the Mitchell Report. I think I've earned my right to watch the '08 home opener in its entirety!

Is my love for my boys great enough to buy a subscription to MLB.tv so I can watch it in the office at work? Of course! Do I have the money? Not so much.

Bummer. Bummer x 10.

No comments: