Monday, October 6, 2008

THE Call

Okay! I can finally post this!

As you know, I have an older sister. Her name is Jessica, she's five years older than me and she is my very best friend. Five years ago, she married a wonderfully wonderful man named John. Three years ago, she and John made the decision to have a baby. And a year ago, they discovered it wasn't going to happen.

At least, not in the "traditional" way. They began adoption proceedings and six weeks ago, were finally placed on the infamous list and left to do nothing but wait. Adoption, as I'm sure most, if not all, of you know is a nail-biting, grueling, painful waiting game. And when you've been trying to have a baby for years prior to being put on the list, it's even more difficult to be patient. People can wait as little as two weeks or as long as two years; you never really know.

On Thursday, Jessica and John got THE call that they are going to be parents! A girl had chosen them three weeks ago, and finally decided to let the caseworker give them a call to make it official!

A perfectly healthy baby boy will be born the first week of December, just in time for Christmas, and he will be Jessica and John's son.

After three years of waiting, we have a timeline of when they will become parents and it's already only two months away! I am going to be an Aunt! I've never been more excited! I am going to spoil this little boy rotten! I can already tell you, with confidence, that he will have the most presents under the tree because already, two months before he's here, he's got every single one of us wrapped around his finger!

This little boy will be loved beyond comprehension because it has been a terribly long and painful road to get to him. But this feeling of incredible euphoria, knowing for the first time in three years that my sister is truly happy, knowing that my nephew is almost here, makes it all worth it.

So congratulate me! I'm almost an Aunt!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Aunt Julia - sounds good on you! Yes, I check your blog regularly and it's good to see a new post!