Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Love...

I love the World Series. Even though the Cardinals aren't in it this year, it is still exhilarating! The only time it wouldn't be would be a Series featuring the Red Sox and the Yankees, and that will mercifully never happen! Gotta love those leagues! Anyway, I wish baseball season would last year round!

I love The Waxing Soul. Don't know what it is? Ask me! I'm very excited about it, and can't wait to take the next step with it!

I love my new job. It's boring right now, because I haven't had my training yet, but I know it will only get better. Everyone in my clinic is extremely nice, and there are even two doctors, one of whom is Irish and the other English. And you can't be in a bad mood with those accents around!

Amidst all of these things, however, I can't concentrate on any one of them or anything else entirely because I can't stop thinking about my nephew. He will officially arrive on December 4th (unless he's early), and all I want to do is meet him. My life has suddenly become consumed by preparing for him; I want to go out and spend my whole paycheck on him already, I'm excited for baby showers coming up, I want to hear updates from Jess and John as soon as they have them. But more than anything in the world right now, I want to meet him. I want to see him on Christmas morning amid all the chaos of wrapping paper and cinnamon rolls and stocking stuffers, being the perfect, priceless gift we've all been waiting for in his mommy's arms. And I want to meet my sister as his mom. And my brother-in-law as his dad. And my mom as his grandma. And my grandparents as his great-grandparents. This list goes on and on...I can't wait for their family, and also ours, to be complete with him.
I look around and wonder how everyone can't be as excited as I am. Obviously, our families are, but I look at complete strangers and think, "Why aren't you thinking of Baby Anderson right now?! Is anything more important?! Who cares about the election or the weather or television or anything else less significant than the completion of a family?!" It doesn't make sense, I know, but my heart is bursting at the thought of him.
Jessica and John are feeling all of this ten-fold, I know. I'm so excited for them. They've been waiting their whole lives to meet their son, and it truly is God's work that they will in less than a month and a half. I'm so glad our families are so close and they have the support of everyone they hold dearest in their lives. They deserve only the best, those two. They deserve their son.

So, that's where my life and heart is right now. It's a pretty damn good place to be. :)

No comments: